Last Updated: 6/17/2017
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. If you do not agree with any of the terms, do not use this website.
1. Usage of this Website
This website and its contents are subject to copyright and protected by the laws of the U.S. and Canada and other countries through international treaties. All rights are reserved to Meridian Brick LLC and Meridian Brick Canada Ltd./Briques Meridian Canada Ltee and its related bodies corporate (collectively “Meridian”). You may store on your computer, and print copies of, the contents of this website for your personal, non-commercial use. Otherwise, you may not reproduce, transfer, adapt, amend or store any of the contents of this website, or incorporate any part of this website into another website, without the written consent of Meridian. Downloading of information from this website is done so at your own risk. Meridian does not provide any warranty in respect of downloading, and Meridian strongly recommends that you check downloaded files and information with virus detection software. The website is considered a general audience site and is not intended to be used by children. If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may use the website only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian.
2. Third Party Websites
As a convenience, Meridian provides links to other websites from this website. If you follow the links you will depart this website, and you do so at your own risk. Except as specifically stated on this website, Meridian makes no warranty or representation regarding, nor does it endorse, any linked websites or the contents thereof. Your use of such third party websites is subject to the terms and conditions of use and the privacy policies of such websites.
3. Features and Changes to the Website
Meridian may from time to time make available additional features on the website. Those features are subject to these terms and any other applicable terms and conditions associated with them on the website, as those may be updated form time to time by Meridian. We reserve the right to make changes to the website and features available on the website at any time, in our sole discretion.
4. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Meridian has used all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the contents of this website, but takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions therein. Meridian makes no representations or warranties (including as to merchantability and fitness for purpose) about the content or suitability for any purpose of the contents of this website, nor about the completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this website. To the extent permitted by law, Meridian will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage (including loss of use, data or profits) suffered by you through use or access to this website, or Meridian’s failure to provide this website. Meridian’s liability for negligence, breach of contract or contravention of any law under or in connection with this website, or Meridian’s failure to provide this website or part of it, is limited to the supplying of the relevant goods or services again, as Meridian may choose. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS. IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER RESIDING IN A JURISDICTION THAT DOES NOT PERMIT SUCH DISCLAIMERS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, SUCH DISCLAIMERS SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. International Users and Applicable Law
Meridian makes no representation that this website and usage of this website complies with the laws of any jurisdiction outside of the U.S. and Canada. Except to the extent that the laws of your jurisdiction prohibit this choice of governing law provision, if you are a resident of the United States any disputes about this website or its contents will be governed by the laws of Georgia, U.S. and determined by courts having jurisdiction there without application of its conflicts of laws rules and if you are a resident of Canada, any disputes about this website or its contents will be governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada and determined by courts having jurisdiction there without application of its conflicts of laws rules. The parties hereby expressly agree to exclude the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods as amended, replaced or re-enacted from time to time. The parties have expressly requested that these terms and all documents related thereto be drafted in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
If you wish to link to this website, please email us.
In keeping with our value of respect, Meridian recognizes the importance of the privacy of individuals who have dealings with Meridian, such as customers, suppliers and employees. This policy outlines how Meridian collects, uses and manages personal information.
9. Contact Us
Last Updated: 6/17/2017
The Sites are intended for a U.S. and Canada audience. If you access one of the Sites from outside the United States or Canada, your information may be transferred or processed in the United States or Canada.
This Policy only applies to the Sites and may not apply to information collected or received by other means. This Policy does not apply to services or websites offered by third parties, even if this Site links to those services or third parties.
- Information We Collect or Receive
- How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
- How We Share Information
- Your Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Notice to California Residents
- Updates to this Policy
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect or Receive
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you provide to us when you visit our Sites, including information you provide when you:
- register for an account;
- communicate with us, such as request information about our products or provide feedback;
- subscribe to newsletters or marketing communications.
Through methods such as these, we may collect information such as your name, home or other address, email address, telephone number (including mobile number), or other information.
Automatically Collected Information. We may collect information automatically when you visit our Sites, such as:
- your IP address;
- the pages you visit and the features you use, including dates and times;
- if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website; and
- information regarding your internet service provider or the type of device you used to access our Sites (such as a mobile device)
You may encounter Data Technologies from our third-party service providers, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console and other providers that we have allowed on our Sites to assist us with various aspects of our operations and services. The information collected from these Data Technologies may be shared with and used by us, by others acting on our behalf, or by third parties subject to their own privacy policies. Information collected by Data Technologies may be used on our Sites or on other websites, services, or online applications, including websites, services, or online applications that may not be operated by us.
Many companies that collect information for targeted advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). NAI offers the ability for you to opt-out of the targeted advertising programs of their members by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that if you use a different computer, change your web browser, or delete your cookies, you will need to renew all of your opt-out choices.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from third parties. This information may include information about your use of our Sites or services, your use of other websites, your interests and preferences, and other information. For example, we may collect information about your browsing and usage history on our Sites. We may combine the information we obtain from third parties with information that we or our affiliates have collected about you.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
We and others acting on our behalf may use the information that we collect or receive to operate our business, including our Sites. This includes:
- providing information about our products and services;
- providing information about promotions, new products, and product updates;
- providing other information that you request;
- establishing and managing your account with us;
- diagnosing or addressing technical problems in the operation of our Sites or any of our services or products;
- evaluating and improving our products, services, applications, and Sites, including the development of new products and services;
- performing data analyses (including the production of reports, audits, or other research) for marketing, financial, operational or other purposes;
- customizing portions of our Sites to reflect your preferences, interests, or prior interactions with us;
- targeting or delivering content (including advertising and promotional messaging) to you;
- complying with applicable law or our policies, or preventing fraud, theft, and injury to you, us, or others;
- contacting you, including through telephone, fax, text, or chat; and
- using information for other purposes to which you consent.
We may retain information as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including to effectuate your requests. We may retain some information so that we can comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot programs, enforce our Legal + Disclaimer terms, or take other actions permitted by law.
3. How We Share Information
We may share with others the information that we collect or receive, including:
- our corporate affiliates;
- service providers or business partners who we engage to maintain the Sites or on our behalf, including providers who help us operate our business, develop products, and fulfill orders; and
- marketing partners, including marketing and public relations firms, email marketing and analytics companies, social media and advertising networks who provide Data Technologies on our Sites and who help promote our products and businesses.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites for the use of behavioral advertising. In addition, we may share information we have collected from you, including personal information, in connection with the sale or merger of our business or the transfer of assets.
We may also use and share information in order to:
- protect or defend our (and our affiliates’) interests, legal rights or property;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of this and other websites and services we make available;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of members of the public;
- combat fraud, theft, and or injury, or for risk management purposes; and
- comply with prudent legal, data privacy, or data security practice as we may determine, or to comply with applicable law or legal process.
4. Your Choices
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference within the direct communication from us by following the instructions to opt-out or unsubscribe. You may not opt-out of administrative emails (e.g., emails about your transactions or policy changes).
You may also contact us at the email or phone number in Section 9 below to review and update the contact information we have for you and to change your communication preferences.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States and Canada. We protect your personal information using technical (e.g., SSL) and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf or that the information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted, deleted or altered. If you have an account with us, it is your responsibility to make sure that your passwords and account registration information is secure and not shared with third parties.
6. Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our Sites from users in this age group.
7. Notice to California Residents
- Do-Not- Track DisclosuresAs of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
- Your California Privacy RightsResidents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which our Site has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at email@example.com. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
8. Updates to this Policy
We may sometimes update this Policy. When we modify this Policy, we will update this web page and change the Effective Date listed above.
9. Contact Us
You can contact us with questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Policy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (U.S), email@example.com (Canada), or firstname.lastname@example.org (Canada), or by calling customer service at 866-259-6263. For general questions or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please refer to Section 9 of the Legal Terms for contact information.